I have some incredibly exciting news to share with you today. ( well it’s incredibly exciting for me anyway! ) The kickstarter for Heart Forth, Alicia has exceeded everyone’s expectations and the team has been able to add some stretch goals to the project. One of them, which was just recently surpassed, involves bringing Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Shovel Knight, Mighty No.9) on board to compose music for specific parts of the game.
Manami will also be heavily involed in a remix album of my original score for the game. She, along with a handful of other game composers will remix 10 to 12 tracks from my score. The other composers have not yet been decided but here is just a sample of who we have to choose from at this point:
- Keiji Yamagishi (of Ninja Gaiden)
- Saori Kobayashi (of NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon series)
- Yumiko Takahashi (of Suikoden)
- Akira Yamaoka (of Silent Hill) [He alone costs $5000 per track. Not my number, but his agency.]
- Ippo Yamada (of Mega Man Zero, MM9 & 10, Mighty No. 9)
- Jake Kaufman (DuckTales Remastered, Shovel Knight)
- Eirik Suhrke (Spelunky, Ridiculous Fishing)
- Ben Prunty (FTL)
- Chipzel (Super Hexagon)
- Ian Stocker (Adventure Time, Escape Goat)
I’m so excited to be collaborating with Manami as Mega Man was one of my absolute favorite games growing up. I’m sitting here in my home studio right now and I havve a recreation of the blue bomber made with PostIt Notes hanging on my wall. I even carved a Mega Man pumpkin one year for Halloween!